Claudette Schreuders recently had a solo exhibition Note to Self at Jack Shainman Gallery, New York (4 February - 12 March 2016).
Exhibitions / Works
- A Sculptural Premise (Cape Town, 28 November 2013 - 11 January 2014)
- Great Expectations (Cape Town, 28 February - 6 April 2013)
- New works on Summer 2010/11 (Cape Town, 2 December 2010 - 15 January 2011)
- Recent Prints (Cape Town, 26 February - 9 April 2009)
- Eclipse on Disguise (Cape Town, 15 May - 5 July 2008)
- Prints from The Long Day (Cape Town, 3 May - 2 June 2007)
- Public Figure on Afterlife (Cape Town, 22 March - 8 April 2007)
- Recent Works (Cape Town, 13 July - 13 August 2005)
- 'It's about the possibility of carrying on.' Claudette Schreuders on her show at Jack Shainman, by Robin Scher (ArtNews, 11 February 2016)
- 'Claudette Schreuders', by Lindsay Pollock (Art in America, 19 February 2016)
Born in 1973 in Pretoria, Claudette Schreuders lives and works in Cape Town, where she graduated with a master's degree from the Michaelis School of Fine Art. In 2004/5 her first solo museum exhibition toured the United States. She has shown extensively on group exhibitions, including Impressions from South Africa, 1965 to Now at the Museum of Modern Art, New York (2011); Mami Wata: Arts for water spirits in Africa and its diasporas, at the Cantor Arts Center, Stanford University, and the National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, among other venues (2009-2011); Peekaboo: Current South Africa at the Tennis Palace Art Museum, Helsinki (2010); All the More Real: Portrayals of intimacy and empathy at the Parrish Art Museum, Southampton, New York (2007); Since 2000: Printmaking now at the Museum of Modern Art in New York (2006); and Personal Affects: power and poetics in contemporary South African art at the Museum for African Art and the Cathedral of St John the Divine, New York (2004), and The Contemporary Museum, Honolulu (2006).